Submitted by: mindoveranti-matter
Single.most. relatable problem in life
Post with 2 notes
While I was fearing it, it came,
But came with less of fear,
Because that fearing it so long
Had almost made it dear.
There is a fitting a dismay,
A fitting a despair.
‘Tis harder knowing it is due,
Than knowing it is here.
The trying on the utmost,
The morning it is new,
Is terribler than wearing it
A whole existence through.
- Sara Teasdale
greek mythology meme: [2/8] nymphs
A daughter of Atlas and the sole inhabitant of the mythical island Ogygia, Kalypso is best known for her part in the Odyssey. After Odysseus was washed ashore on the coast of Ogygia, Kalypso found him and eventually fell in love with him. She promised Odysseus eternal youth and immortality if he decided to stay with her, and kept him on the island for seven years, until the gods commanded her to let him go.
"It’s dreadful when something weighs on your mind, not to have a soul to unburden yourself to. You know what I mean. I tell my piano the things I used to tell you." — Frédéric Chopin, Chopin’s Letters. or; Sad Romantics Vol. I
01. Consolation n° 3 en ré bémol majeur, S. 172: I. Lento placido, Franz Liszt
02. L’Impromptu n° 3 en sol bémol majeur, Op. 90, Franz Schubert
03. Les Saisons n° 10 en ré mineur: Octobre, Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
04. Mazurka n° 3 en ut dièse mineur, Op. 63, Frédéric Chopin
05. Nocturne n° 8 en mi mineur, John Field
06. Lieder ohne Worte n° 5 in h-moll, Op. 67, Felix Mendelssohn
07. Prélude n° 4 en mi mineur, Op. 28, Frédéric Chopin
08. Album Leaves, B. 109: I. Allegretto en fa dièse mineur, Antonín Dvořák
09. Romance en mi mineur, S169/R66a, Franz Liszt
10. Allegretto en ut mineur, D. 915, Franz Schubert
11. Chanson sans paroles n° 3 en si bémol majeur, Ivan Laskovsky
12. Gypsy Songs, Op. 55, B. 104: IV. Songs My Mother Taught Me, Antonín Dvořák
Skull and pelvis references. I actually also did a set of shoulder blade and a few vertebral (thoracic, cervical, and lumbar), but they…didn’t look as cool, hahaha;;.
These were still-life set and done with 2H, 2B, and 4B pencils and model life-sized skull and pelvis. (I got a really high mark on these :D~~). Pelvis is actually more important and harder to do than skulls, actually. To show the perspective and really understand the shape of the pelvis helped my anatomy drawing.
Original illustration by Don Kenn
Oh hey! Thanks a lot for the feature!
There are those who search at length for inspiration, be it for a writing piece, sculpture, or fashion, but then there are artists who look no further than what is right in front of them, finding beauty in everyday objects, colours, and shapes. This week we are highlighting the wonderful blog WISP –– Where I See Fashion by Bianca Luini for her wonderful imagery and abstract view of clothing. The blog curator showcases clothing alongside art pieces with corresponding elements of colour, shape, and layout, with even a single image triggering the creative process for designers, which develops into a whole line of clothing or textile designs.
an hour doodle break derp
ONE hour. ONE hour. ONE HOUR. Oh man x___x
Venus #19 (April 1952)
Cover Art by Bill Everett
Whatever happens around you, don’t take it personally … Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. All people live in their own dream, in their own mind; they are in a completely different world from the one we live in. When we take something personally, we make the assumption that they know what is in our world, and we try to impose our world on their world.
Page 1 of 44